*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
- Natural beef casing commonly used for making salami, strassburg or similar size smallgoods.
- Price is for one pack containing 9 lineal meters of casing.
- This size pack will fill approx. 12-15kg finished product. As it’s a natural product their may be a slight variation on this.
- Filled diameter is 55-65mm.
Please Note: There is no issue sending natural sausage casings in the post as they are packed in a salt solution then vacuum packed to preserve them while not under refrigeration. As the casings have been under vacuum there may be a confinement odour once opened, this is perfectly normal and will subside within a short period of time. If you have any leftover casings please cover them in fresh water then liberally re-salt them(table salt is fine), they can then be refrigerated until next needed. They will last for an indefinite period if stored correctly.
The outstanding benefits of using natural casings include:
- Natural Casings’ variable permeability permits uniform deep smoke penetration throughout the entire meat to create rich, balanced flavour from start to finish.
- Variable permeability also allows the product to ‘breathe,’ which contributes to enhancing the sweet aroma of fresh meat whether resting in a meat case, or sizzling on a stove or grill.
- Natural Casings help to protect and retain the fine flavour of meat and seasonings.
- Thanks to its endothermic quality, sausage in natural casings stays tender and juicy, maintains a fresher appearance, and helps provide extended shelf life.
- The osmotic quality of natural casings means an intermingling of flavours inside and outside the sausage while sizzling in the fry pan or on the grill; it also contributes to enhanced eye appeal during cooking.