Product Code: 7388225-66
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
It is common practice for knife tradespeople to use more than one steel depending on the state of the edge, by purchasing this steel you are eliminating the need to have multiple steels and the extra costs associated.
- Steel has a 10″/25cm square rod(2 sides fine cut, 2 sides polished)
- Perfectly balanced for a steel of it’s size.
- Light & compact(doesn’t feel like an anchor hanging from your pouch).
- Nearly 150 years worth of engineering nous has been implemented into this one steel.
- Ideal for the chef, hunter, butcher, farmer or anyone who needs to keep their knives sharp. Quality German made steel that won’t disappoint.
Below is a diagram of a correct steeling technique. Too much is made out about the difficulty of steeling a knife the key is practice and persistence.
Correct use of the sharpening steel: To sharpen the knife, draw the cutting edge several times alternately from the left and right along the entire length of the sharpening steel, ensuring the same number of strokes on both sides. Move the edge along the sharpening steel at an angle of 15 – 20°.