Product Code: 8144312
Blade Length: 120 mm
Total Length: 260 mm
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
1) You can tell the forged knife by its bolster, the thickening between the blade and the handle, and by its continuous tang. Premier Plus was developed for ideal balance, edge retention and ergonomic properties.
2) The stable back of the blade is used for fine gristle, for example, but also for breaking seafood shells.
3) Small vegetables can be cut and minced with the front section of the blade.
4) The curved blade design is ideal for both rocking cuts and slicing. This blade section allows cutting of almost all food materials.
5) The back section of the blade is used for cutting tough and difficult materials, as it allows easy application of force.
6) The wide blade side is also used for flattening and shaping prepared food. It also provides sufficient space between the hand on the handle and the cutting board.
The Premier Plus Cooks Knives series from F.Dick
Of course with the knives of the F.Dick Premier Plus series the composition of the steel and the special hardening technique are the most obviously important factors. The steel elements are made from the alloy X 45 Cr Mo V15, in which each component has a special part to play: chromium strengthens the steel against wear and tear, molybdenum gives it resistance to corrosion and carbon its absolute hardness. This first class substance is then forged into a perfectly balanced and ergonomically shaped knife.
Particularly worthy of note, however, is the sophisticated design of the handle. A special manufacturing technique results in the blade and the handle being so tightly linked that not even the finest crack or gap is left. Unlike traditional knives with a handle housing, it is impossible for food residue or liquids to penetrate. As is standard with the F.Dick company, each finished knife of the F.Dick Premier Plus series is sharpened and honed by hand. Cutting becomes an experience – this is something you can expect from F. Dick.