Firewise Pot Belly Black High Temp Paint
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Have you got heat-exposed metal that’s rusting or needs a new coat? Firewise High Temperature Pot-Belly Black Paint is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a high quality heat resistant coating designed to stop rust and restore that brand new, satin black finish to your pot-belly stove, barbecue, oven, heater, flue and any other metal parts that are subject to heat. It is scientifically formulated to withstand continuous temperatures up to 350C (and up to 500C for short periods) and can be applied without primer.
- High temp paint perfect for heat-exposed metal that’s rusting or needing a new coat.
- Restores that brand new, satin black finish to stoves, flues and BBQs.
- Withstands continuous temperatures up to 350C (and up to 500C for short periods)
- Can be applied without primer.
- Easy application.
- Colour – Low Sheen Black.
- Available sizes: 250ml, 500ml and 350g spray can
- PREPARATION: Clean surface thoroughly. Remove all traces of grease, oil, dirt and rust. Sand previously painted surfaces lightly, then clean and allow to dry before painting.
- APPLICATION: Choose a dry, well ventilated area in which to paint. (Do not paint below 15C) Stir thoroughly. HI-T Pot-Belly Black may be thinned with up to 10% mineral turpentine for brushing, or up to 25% for spraying. When applying it is recommended that each coat be thin to medium rather than thick. Two coats are usually sufficient on new work. Note: Two thin coats are better than one thick coat. (Coverage: 13-18m 2/L)
- DRYING: Touch dry in 1-2 hours; Handle in 4-6 hours; Recoat after at least 16 hours. NOTE: Longer drying time needed in cold or damp/humid weather. Allow at least 24 hours between the last coat of paint and full curing.
- FULL CURING: It is important that the heating unit be fully cured to achieve hard-dry conditions as follows:
– Ensure good ventilation by opening all windows and doors.
– Light a small fire inside the unit using paper and kindling wood only and maintain the fire’s intensity for
at least 1 hour. Some fumes and smoke may be emitted during this time. Avoid breathing fumes and
– Gradually build the fire’s intensity over a further 1 hour period in order to complete the post curing of the paint. Very little fumes or smoke should be emitted during this time.
-When this process has been completed, the unit may be used in the normal manner.
- CLEAN UP: Clean up brushes and equipment with mineral turpentine after use.
- SAFETY DIRECTIONS: Risk: Flammable. Harmful by inhalation and in contact with skin. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- SAFETY: Keep out of the reach of children. Keep container tightly closed in a cool, well ventilated place. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not breathe fumes/vapour or spray. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep windows and doors open during use and whilst drying. If coating large areas, wear an organic vapour respirator. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Please note: This product is flammable and as such can not be posted to PO Boxes.
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.