Low ‘N’ Slow BBQ Smoking Masterclass 18/05/19
Date & Duration:
Saturday 18th of May 2019
Start time – 9.30am, Finish time – 2.30pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time
$200 Per Person
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants will leave with a 30 page reference booklet, a full belly and a head full of new knowledge!
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
The definition of ‘BBQ’ in Australia is changing, no longer is the humble sausage going to cut it at your next social gathering. American style BBQ is taking over the world and we want your taste buds to ride that smokey wave. Does the thought of brisket, pulled pork and steaks seasoned to perfection and slowly cooked over charcoal get your mouth watering? And have you ever wondered how pitmasters produce tender, mouth- watering, fall off the bone meat every time? My Slice of Life Wangaratta in conjunction with The Beard and The BBQ will answer these questions and more at our inaugural Low ‘N’ Slow BBQ masterclass. This is one class not too be missed, your chance to kick start a low ‘n’ slow addiction that will take over your backyard, pantry and fridge!
Tony Gimellaro from the Beard and the BBQ will head the class, bringing with him a wealth of knowledge and teaching experience. Tony is a prominent figure in the Australian BBQ scene, he and his teammates travel the country contending in barbeque competitions which recently culminated in them taking out first place at the prestigious Barbeque Wars competition at Meatstock Melbourne. Tony will take you through the basics of barbeque including a demo walk-through of the different equipment and their finer points. You will be shown the difference between each charcoal/wood pit type and how to efficiently run them to create perfect smoke that infuses that terrific flavour into the meat. Participants will also be shown the smoking of a brisket and pulled pork from start to finish, and how to cook a reverse seared steak, chicken and lamb.
This masterclass will leave you wondering why on earth you ever cooked meat in an oven!
-Talk on equipment
-Demo walk through of charcoal cookers and offsets
-Charcoal and wood set up
-2 zone cooking
-The right smoke talk
*A lucky door prize will also be up for grabs
All the supplies and equipment required are included within the class fee. Each participant will leave with a 30 page reference booklet, a full belly and a head full of new knowledge! Following completion of this session each participant is invited to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our stock barbecues, equipment and related ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also offer a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment services in Zip or Afterpay
- 15 participants are required for this class to go ahead, it may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited