Makin’ Bacon & Kabana Workshop
Please Note: Workshops will resume in 2022. Dates will be limited so bookings are recommended ASAP.
Date & Duration:
- Sunday 6th of March 2022
Start time – 9:30am, Finish time – 12:00pm
- Sunday 1st of May 2022
Start time – 9:30am, Finish time – 12:00pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time.
$175 Per Person
**Please be sure to choose the local pick up option at check out to avoid having to pay shipping fees
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants will take home all the meat they prepare during the class, 1 pack of apple wood chips and a butcher’s apron as a memento of the experience.
**We reserve the right to raise our class fee at any point within reason; unstable meat prices make accurately costing classes months in advance of the event very difficult, unfortunately we don’t have a crystal ball to foresee any potential price rises and we will raise the cost to attend if we are advised of any significant cost increases. We encourage anyone interested in attending to book asap! Once booked you won’t have any more to pay regardless of any potential cost increases closer to the date.
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
Are you sick of the same old, bland store bought bacon and kabana and have a craving for something more? Do you want to learn the art and intricacy of curing that will turn that raw pork belly into delicious salty bacon or drool worthy sweet chili chicken kabana? My Slice of Life is the place to “cure” your cravings with our Makin Bacon & Kabana Workshop.
This 2.5 hour class, led by qualified trade butcher and experienced teacher Brent Ibrom, will cover all things cured & smoked. Brent will walk participants through the process of making bacon and kabana from start to finish, including meat selection, seasoning and the all-important scientific method of curing your meats and then smoking the product. Each person will leave the class with 2kg of kabana and a 1.5kg seasoned pork belly to complete the cooking process at home, ideally participants will own a smoker, hooded bbq, weber kettle or similar in order to add a lick of smoke to the meat.
All the supplies and equipment required for production are included within the class fee. At the end of the session you will take home all of the meat freshly prepared during the class, ready for cooking, refrigerating or freezing in preparation for your next dinner party, barbecue or picnic. Following completion of this session, each participant is invited to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our stock curing & smoking equipment and ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
An airtight container and cooler bag for travelers may be needed to transport your freshly made goodies home.
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also offer a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment services in Zip or Afterpay
- 6 participants are required for classes to go ahead and the class may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met. Most classes will be capped at 10-12 people, we hope this will ensure each attendee is provided with the best environment to learn and retain the skill set being taught.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited