*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Pineapple Cure comes in a 525gm sachet and has always been a very popular basic cure for making Corned Meat and other similar products. Please note that the addition of salt is required with this cure!
525 g Pineapple Cure
45 Kg Cold Water
4.5 Kg Salt (dependant on salt tolerance)
Makes 45 Lt of Brine
1. Mix the cure with cold water in required quantity until completely dissolved.
2. Add the salt and mix further until it has fully dissolved.
3. Using a brine pump and needle, inject the brine into the meat muscle repeatedly, ensuring the cure is evenly dispersed in small quantities. As a guide, the meat being cured should weigh @ 25% more after pumping. If curing small products like fish or chicken, pumping may not be necessary.<
4. Place remaining brine mix into a container, and immerse the meat completely in it. Refrigerate and leave to soak for at least 24 hours. This soaking period should be adequate for both pumped products, and for small products like chicken or fish for which pumping is unnecessary.
5. Remove cured product from brine, drain and dispose of the remaining liquid. Products like corned beef or pickled pork can now be packed and frozen for storage. Products like ham, bacon, and smoked chicken or fish can now be cooked and/or smoked as desired.
Salt, Mineral Salts (451, 450, 452), Antioxident (316), Preservative (250), Canola Oil, Flavour (Pineapple 0.06%).