Salami Making Basics Workshop
Date & Duration:
Seasonal Class – TBC
Start time – 1.00pm, Finish time – 4.00pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time
$155 Per Person
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Each participant will take home an Avanti 1kg capacity sausage stuffer and a salami making recipe kit ready to put their newly found knowledge into practice, the kit is all inclusive and just requires the addition of 5kg of meat to make your very own salamis at home.
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
This class will cover the basics of salami making, it will be best suited to a complete novice or inexperienced salami maker wanting re-assurance they are on the right path. Brent will demonstrate how to bone out a Forequarter of pork and the process required to turn the meat into salami.
Brent Ibrom, a qualified trade butcher and experienced teacher, heads up the class. He will introduce you to a variety of specialist supplies, equipment and machinery that are needed to produce quality salami, simply and efficiently today, while still maintaining an authentic and traditional approach to the methods involved in the process.
You will learn from the the correct ways to prepare and process your meat, blend recipes, casing selection and preparations, as well as the all-important curing process. Each participant is also entitled to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our salami making equipment and ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
An airtight container and cooler bag for travelers may be needed to transport your freshly made goodies home.
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also off a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment service in Zip or Afterpay
- 6 participants are required for classes to go ahead and the class may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met. Most classes will be capped at 10-12 people, we hope this will ensure each attendee is provided with the best environment to learn and retain the skill set being taught.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited