Continental Sausage Making Workshop
Date & Duration:
Saturday 25th of May 2019
Start time – 9.30am, Finish time – 12.30pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time
$140 Per Person
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants will take home 2.5-3kg of freshly made sausages, a new boning knife and a copy of ‘sausage making for dummies’ as a memento of the experience.
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
Have you ever wanted to learn the art of making a butcher quality snag? Or why the Italians and Germans make such great sausages? My Slice Of Life’s sausage making master class is the place to answer these questions and more.
Brent Ibrom, a qualified trade butcher and experienced teacher, will host the class, taking guests through the sausage making process; including the best cuts of meat to use, how to grind meat, which herbs and seasonings to use, and then finally how to fill natural sausage casings and link them like a professional. This will be a hands on experience – all participants will learn to bone a small shoulder of pork, then mince, season and finally stuff their preservative free mix into casings.
All the supplies and equipment required for production are included within the class fee. At the end of the session you will take 2.5-3kg of your freshly made sausages home, ready for cooking, refrigerating or freezing in preparation for your next dinner party, barbecue or picnic. Following completion of this session, each participant is invited to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our stock sausage making equipment and ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
An airtight container and cooler bag for travelers may be needed to transport your freshly made goodies home.
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also offer a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment services in Zip or Afterpay
- 6 participants are required for classes to go ahead and the class may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met. Most classes will be capped at 10-12 people, we hope this will ensure each attendee is provided with the best environment to learn and retain the skill set being taught.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited