Product Code: 7.8003
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
- A fine quality steel with black plastic handle and hanging ring.
- Suitable for knives 150mm (6″) blade length or less..
- Great size for hunters to store in their packs.
- Perfect steel for home use.Medium fine grade is used typically by chefs/butchers on a daily basis..
- Ideally used daily in conjunction with a sharpening stone every 6 months.
- Made in Germany.
Please note: Victorinox source their steels from another manufacturer in Germany, as such all their steels are branded as “Victoria-Stahl”
Below is a diagram of a correct steeling technique. Too much is made out about the difficulty of steeling a knife the key is practice and persistence.
Correct use of the sharpening steel: To sharpen the knife, draw the cutting edge several times alternately from the left and right along the entire length of the sharpening steel, ensuring the same number of strokes on both sides. Move the edge along the sharpening steel at an angle of 15 – 20°.