Whole Animal Butchery Workshop
Date & Duration:
Start time – 9.00am, Finish time – 12.30pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time
$270 Per Person
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants will take home all the meat they prepare during the class, a new boning knife and a copy of ‘butchery for dummies’ as a memento of the experience.
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
Do you want to understand the best cuts of meat, learn new knife and butchery skills you can use at home? Roll up your sleeves and come and join the Whole Animal Butchery Workshop held by the DIY food experts at My Slice of Life.
The 3.5 hour class, with qualified trade butcher and experienced teacher Brent Ibrom, will begin with a discussion on how to properly sharpen your knives, following on from this he will demonstrate the breakdown of a whole pig carcass, you will be taken through all the cuts showing you where bacon comes from, what goes into sausages and where to find the best crackling. Now the fun really begins! Each participant will then put their newly found butchery knowledge into practice by preparing half a pig(approx 18-20kg) to suit their own requirements ready to take home that evening, Brent will be on hand to offer guidance and support throughout.
All the supplies and equipment required for production are included within the class fee. At the end of the session you will take home all of the meat freshly prepared during the class, ready for cooking, refrigerating or freezing in preparation for your next dinner party, barbecue or picnic. Following completion of this session, each participant is invited to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our stock butchery equipment and ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
An airtight container and cooler bag for travelers may be needed to transport your freshly made goodies home.
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also offer a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment service in Zip or Afterpay
- 6 participants are required for classes to go ahead and the class may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met. Most classes will be capped at 10-12 people, we hope this will ensure each attendee is provided with the best environment to learn and retain the skill set being taught.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited