Corona Pineapple Pumping Compound
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Pineapple Compound has always been a very popular basic cure for making Corned Meat and other similar products. Please note that the addition of salt is required with this cure depending on salt tolerance.
500g Pineapple Cure
45L Cold Water
2kg Salt (dependant on salt tolerance)
1. Mix the cure with cold water in required quantity until completely dissolved.
2. Add the salt and mix further until it has fully dissolved.
3. Using a brine pump and needle, inject the brine into the meat muscle repeatedly, ensuring the cure is evenly dispersed in small quantities. As a guide, the meat being cured should weigh @ 30% more after pumping. If curing small products like fish or chicken, pumping may not be necessary.<
4. Place remaining brine mix into a container, and immerse the meat completely in it. Refrigerate and leave to soak for at least 24 hours. This soaking period should be adequate for both pumped products, and for small products like chicken or fish for which pumping is unnecessary.
5. Remove cured product from brine, drain and dispose of the remaining liquid. Products like corned beef or pickled pork can now be packed and frozen for storage. Products like ham, bacon, and smoked chicken or fish can now be cooked and/or smoked as desired.
Mineral Salt(451), Antioxidant(316), Sodium Nitrite(250), Sugar, Flavour, Vegetable oil, Natural flavour.
If you are interested in this Corona Pineapple Pumping Compound, please see Curing & Pickling items in our range:
Curing & Pickling
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.