*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Devro Casings, the world’s leader in snack casing technology, brings the meat snack manufacturer superior processing benefits as well as consumer advantages. All of our snack casings are strong & porous for faster processing. Strength = high-speed reeling. Linking & greater porosity (smoke permeability) = faster moisture loss and cycle times. Both equal significant savings. Developed with both consumers and manufacturers in mind, Devro’s processed casings are engineered to deliver exceptional “bite” characteristics while maximising efficiency and productivity of sausage producers.
- Each strand has the capacity to hold 4.5-5kg of seasoned meat depending on how tightly they are filled. Each strand is 13.72 metres in length.
- Collagen is the basis of the connective tissue found in all mammals. At Devro we use very sophisticated technology to turn it into strong, flexible, edible food casings.
Collagen has many benefits but there are four principle ones:
1. Collagen saves money – Collagen casings are stable and consistent, in other words they look and behave the same every time. This means customers can calibrate their processes very precisely and so produce more sausages quickly – without wastage. Our customers soon start to see higher productivity, along with lower labour and production costs.
2. Consumers like collagen – Devro customers can produce sausages that are always the same colour and shape and always have the tenderness and all-important crispness or ‘knack’ that consumers love – and only collagen can deliver.
3. Collagen is safe – Collagen casings are made from a naturally occurring protein that’s inherently safe. The processes we use to make them are free from health risks. Our raw material, bovine collagen, is usually traceable back to the individual animal the hide came from.
4. Collagen is versatile – Collagen is extremely versatile. There’s virtually no sausage it can’t accommodate. Devro customers use collagen casings for fresh, processed, smoked and dried sausages in a huge variety of length and diameter.
- Storing Devro Casings is easy. Please store Devro Casings in a cool and dry place.
- Recommended storage temperature is 5 ~ 15 degrees Celsius (avoid freezing temperatures).
- To store remaining casings, please wrap the caddy in plastic and seal with scotch tape to prevent dehydration or rehydration.
- Under proper and consistent storage conditions, the product has a shelf life of three years after the date of production.