Product Code: 7469125R
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
The steel that turns sharp knives into razors. Light & Compact(doesn’t feel like an anchor hanging from your pouch)
Nearly 150 years worth of engineering has been implemented into this one steel. Ideal for the hunter, butcher, farmer or anyone who needs to keep their knives sharp. Quality German made steel that won’t disappoint.
Polished steels are used for honing & re-aligning an already sharp edge. If you are unable to keep an edge then you are best looking at a coarser alternate steel.
- Steel has a 10″/25cm polished round rod
- Perfectly balanced for a steel of it’s size.
- Light & compact(doesn’t feel like an anchor hanging from your pouch).
- Nearly 150 years worth of engineering nous has been implemented into this one steel.
- Ideal for the chef, hunter, butcher, farmer or anyone who needs to keep their knives sharp. Quality German made steel that won’t disappoint.
Below is a diagram of a correct steeling technique. Too much is made out about the difficulty of steeling a knife the key is practice and persistence.
Correct use of the sharpening steel: To sharpen the knife, draw the cutting edge several times alternately from the left and right along the entire length of the sharpening steel, ensuring the same number of strokes on both sides. Move the edge along the sharpening steel at an angle of 15 – 20°.