Messermeister Oliva Elité 8″/20cm Fluted Carving Knife
*Registered Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
Product Code: E/6688-8K
Blade Length: 8″/20cm
The Oliva Elité knife collection by Messermeister boasts an exquisite natural, Italian olive wood handle attached to a hammer forged blade. The highly figured, beautiful golden-brown handle provides a secure ergonomic grip with an unsurpassed balance. The Elité knife collections feature a blade, bolster and tang that are one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German steel alloy. Oliva Elité knives are handcrafted one at a time, using the same techniques that have been the hallmark of fine German made cutlery for hundreds of years. Oliva Elité knives are of heirloom quality and simply one of the best original forged wood handled knives.
Handcrafted by 4th generation knife artisans in the historical cutlery city of Solingen, Germany, the Messermeister Oliva Elité 8″ Carving Knife has a narrow spear-point, fine-edge blade that is used for small to medium carving chores. It separates meat from the bone and slices it into thin serving portions. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elité edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Oil the wood handle as needed with food-safe mineral oil.
If you are interested in this Messermeister Oliva Elité 8″/20cm Fluted Carving Knife please see other Messermeister Knives and Knives & Sharpening products in our range:
Knives & Sharpening
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.