*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
- Natural hog casing commonly used for thick cacciatore salami, kransky or similar size products.
- This size pack will fill approx. 45kg finished product. As it’s a natural product their may be a slight variation on this.
- Filled diameter is 38-40mm.
Please Note: There is no issue sending natural sausage/salami casings in the post as they are packed in a salt solution then vacuum packed to preserve them while not under refrigeration. As the casings have been under vacuum there may be a confinement odour once opened, this is perfectly normal and will subside within a short period of time. If you have any leftover casings please cover them in fresh water then liberally re-salt them(table salt is fine), they can then be refrigerated until next needed. They will last for an indefinite period if stored correctly.
The outstanding benefits of using Natural Sausage/Salami Casings include:
- Natural Casings’ variable permeability permits uniform deep smoke penetration throughout the entire sausage to create rich, balanced flavour from start to finish.
- Variable permeability also allows the product to ‘breathe,’ which contributes to enhancing the sweet aroma of fresh sausage, whether resting in a meat case, or sizzling on a stove or grill.
- Natural Casings help to protect and retain the fine flavour of sausage and seasonings.
- Thanks to its endothermic quality, sausage in Natural Casings stays tender and juicy, maintains a fresher appearance, and helps provide extended shelf life.
- The osmotic quality of Natural Casings means an intermingling of flavours inside and outside the sausage while sizzling in the fry pan or on the grill; it also contributes to enhanced eye appeal during cooking.