Avanti Pasta Making Machine – SS
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage Cost Will Vary
Pasta makers are used in preparing traditional Italian cuisine. The flavour of freshly made pasta is superior to dried commercially produced pasta and will add an extra touch to your dishes. Pasta making has never been easier.
- Makes light work of producing fresh pasta including fettuccine, spaghetti, lasagne and more – simply follow the instructions enclosed
- Chromes steel rollers effortlessly knead and extrude the dough
- Adjustable rollers with nine different thickness settings
- Comes complete with bench clamp and comprehensive instruction booklet and maintenance guidelines.
Pasta Making Recipe:
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Plain flour, extra, to dust
- Serves 4 people.
- Step 1: Sift the flour and salt together onto a clean work surface. Use your hands to shape the flour into a circular mound. Make a well in the centre. Place the eggs in the well and use a fork to lightly whisk. Use your fingertips to gradually blend a little flour into the egg mixture. Working with your fingertips, continue to gradually draw the flour into the centre (being careful the egg mixture does not run out of the well) until the mixture forms a dough. To check if the dough is the right consistency, press a clean, dry finger into the centre of the dough. If it comes out clean without being sticky, it is the right consistency. If not, knead in a little more flour and test again.
- Step 2: Lightly flour the surface if necessary. Firmly knead the dough by using the heel of your hand to firmly push down into it and then away from you. Lift the dough with your fingertips and fold it back on itself towards you. Turn the dough a half turn and repeat. Continue and repeat. Continue kneading the dough for 6-7 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Kneading is an important part of the pasta-making process as it develops the gluten in the flour, giving the pasta a firm, tender texture.Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and wrap each portion in plastic wrap or cover with a clean, damp tea towel. This will prevent the dough from drying out. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. This helps make the pasta more pliable and easier to roll out.
- Step 3: Attach the Bialetti Pasta Machine to the side of a workbench and adjust the machine’s rollers to the widest setting. Spread about 4 clean, dry tea towels over the work surface close to the pasta machine. Unwrap a portion of dough and use the palm of your hands to flatten it into a rectangle. Dust the rollers with flour and roll the dough portion through. Dust again with flour and repeat on the same setting. Fold in the shorter sides of the dough to meet in the centre to form a smaller rectangle and feed through the machine again. Repeat this process 5-6 times or until smooth.
- Step 4: Reduce the width between the rollers by 1 and roll the dough through as before. Repeat the process, reducing the setting each time until the dough is 1-1.5mm thick. The settings on all pasta machines vary. The last setting on some machines may roll the dough too thin, resulting in it sticking to the rollers and tearing. So be careful to only reduce the setting and roll the dough until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Step 5: Spread the pasta sheet over the clean tea towels. When laying out the pasta sheets, they must not touch or overlap each other as the moist pasta will stick together. Repeat steps 3-4 with the remaining portions of dough. Set the pasta sheets aside for 10-15 minutes (depending on the temperature in your kitchen) or until dry enough not to stick together but pliable enough not to crack. Trim the edges of the pasta.
- Step 6: Making Lasagne: Cut dough into 14 x 25cm pieces to make lasagne sheets
- Step 7: Making Spaghetti & Fettucinnie: The Bialetti Pasta Machine is ready fit with the attachments for different pastas. To make spaghetti roll your sheets through the centre attachment and to make fettucinnie roll your sheets through the third attachment.
If you are interested in this Avanti Pasta Making Machine – SS, please see other Pasta Making products in our range:
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.