Charcoal Grillin’ Basics + Low ‘N’ Slow BBQ Smoking
Please Note: Workshops will resume in 2022. Dates will be limited so bookings are recommended ASAP.
Date & Duration:
Sunday 13th of March 2022
Start time – 9:30am, Finish time – 12:30pm
*Participants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement time
Workshop Only: $125 Per Person – cooked samples provided throughout the morning
Workshop + Lunch: $175 Per Person – stay and ‘chew the fat’ with us after you have personally cooked your own 28 day dry aged steak to devour
*Please be sure to choose the local pick up option at check out to avoid having to pay shipping fees
*All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Spots are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
My Slice Of Life – 159 Vincent Road, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
This comprehensive workshop will cover both of the following components:
Charcoal Grillin’ Basics – This part of the workshop is essentially the ultimate steak cooking class! Learn all the aspects to cooking that perfect steak over charcoal – fire management, grill types, choosing the perfect steak cut, seasoning and meat preparation, ideal cook temps, reverse searing technique. After taking in all this information each participant can choose to ‘çhew the fat’ with us and personally cook and devour their own 28 day dry aged steak for lunch.
Low ‘N’ Slow BBQ Smoking – The definition of ‘BBQ’ in Australia is changing, no longer is the humble sausage going to cut it at your next social gathering. American style BBQ is taking over the world and we want your taste buds to ride that smokey wave. Does the thought of brisket, pulled pork and ribs seasoned to perfection and slowly cooked over charcoal get your mouth watering? And have you ever wondered how pitmasters produce tender, mouth- watering, fall off the bone meat every time? My Slice of Life Wangaratta will answer these questions and more at our Low ‘N’ Slow BBQ smoking class. This is one class not too be missed! Your chance to kick start a low ‘n’ slow addiction that will take over your backyard, pantry and fridge! Make sure you have a light lunch before coming as their will be plenty of samples to share.
Renowned local pitmaster Shane Harris will join us to help conduct both components, Shane brings a wealth of experience and passion for the art of cooking with fire to the table. His long list of competitive meat cooking accolades is testament to his BBQ prowess.
All the supplies and equipment required are included within the class fee. Each participant will leave with information references, a full belly and a head full of new knowledge! Following completion of this session each participant is invited to take advantage of a 15% discount on all of our stock barbecues, equipment and related ingredients, this is only redeemable on the day of the class.
Do I Need To Bring Anything?
A smile and willingness to learn are all we require from you. All equipment and produce is supplied as part of your booking fee. Participants are advised to bring a pen and paper to take notes but a class booklet will be provided so you won’t forget a thing!
Make A Booking:
- To secure a place full payment is required at the time of booking. We also offer a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment services in Zip or Afterpay
- 6 participants are required for this class to go ahead, it may be postponed if minimum participant numbers are not met.
- Given the nature of preparation required for the class, paid bookings are non-refundable and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash but may be used as payment for products or used to attend another class of the customers choosing.
- If you are unable to attend or wish to transfer to another class date, please advise us within 14 days
- If you have advised us with at least 14 days notice we are happy to credit your class fee for use in a future class or as payment for products
- If you have not advised us with at least 14 days notice and we can’t fill your place in the class with another participant your fee will be forfeited