Cleaver ‘The Piglet’ Salumi Curing Cabinet – Gen 6 Model
* This item is eligible for reduced Flat Rate postage to Melbourne, Canberra & Sydney.
* All rates are automatically calculated at the checkout. If at all in doubt about the postage cost, please use the request a quote feature at checkout or contact us by phone or email.
CLEAVER enjoys a little indulgence, sports the occasional sauce stain and never orders ‘dressing on the side.’ He drinks his whiskey neat, and saves the Coke to cook his ham hocks.
CLEAVER learns from Nonna, YouTube and his mistakes, he’s not keen on instruction manuals. He has a healthy respect for tradition, but appreciates the benefits of technology.
CLEAVER likes to make things by hand and loves to share them. And sure, he doesn’t mind a bit of praise either. He believes you can respect the beast in life and still savour it in sausages.
CLEAVER understands that everything good requires patience.
Our Salumi Cabinets are brought to you in the spirit of CLEAVER, a little bit tough, a little bit fancy, a practical luxury; equally at home in the kitchen or the Man Cave.
The new and improved Gen 6 Model Cleaver Cabinets have some great updates, ensuring the best quality and value on the market:
- The maximum Humidity and Temperature settings have been increased to 90% and 25ºC to allow for the fermentation process to be done in the cabinets.
- Runners, vertical shelf mounts, door hinge mount have been upgraded to stainless steel to protect against corrosion.
- Stainless steel guard installed over the heater fan to direct the airflow away from any hanging meat.
- The LED/UVC lighting is now a white light. The functionality has changed to a simple on/off button rather than a timed off feature
CLEAVER Cabinets are for those who like to make things with their hands, but appreciate the benefits of a little technology. CLEAVER provides the ideal environment to air cure your own salami, prosciutto, coppa, sausages and more, the whole year around. As at home in the kitchen as they are in the man cave, you can watch your salumi cure in a sleek, temperature and humidity controlled, air-circulating cabinet.
The Cleaver Piglet Cabinet is the smallest of our range is a great option for the small batch curer. Fits under a bench, making it the perfect option for your kitchen.
Important Information: The humidifier has been removed from the Cleaver Piglet, to increase the hanging space and instead this cabinet relies solely on the moisture provided by the meat itself to control humidity. While this process of humidity control is essentially how the other models in our range operate, without the humidifier The Piglet has certain restrictions on its use. The Piglet must be located in a controlled or indoor environment and should not be operated in a hot environment, like a shed. The Piglet is designed solely for salumi curing and is not recommended for other processes like cheese maturation etc.
- Height: 875mm
- Width: 595mm
- Depth: 600mm
- Weight: 52kg
- Volume: 154L
- Meat capacity: up to 20kg (Maximum batch size <10kg)
- Humidity Range: 60% to 90%
- Temperature Range: 5°C to 25°C
- Shelves: Two
- Unit: Freestanding design with tinted, double glazed glass door, seamless stainless door trim, stainless steel internal fittings and pull-out stainless steel shelves.
- Panel: LED panel with digital control – temperature + humidity; celsius/fahrenheit switch.
- Inclusions: 1 x pack of 20 x 60mm stainless steel hooks for hanging salami.
- Warranty: Compressor – 3 years; Parts – 1 year
If you are interested in this Cleaver ‘The Piglet’ Salami Curing Cabinet, please see other Curing Cabinets in our range:
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.