Lalvin Rhone 2226 Red Wine Yeast 125gm
*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Vineyard isolate from Côtes du Rhône. In red varietals, Rhône 2226 red wine yeast enhances varietal flavour and aroma, contributes to structure, and maintains high colour intensity. Can also be used for certain white varieties (eg Semillon) from warmer regions. Also useful for restarting stuck fermentations, A vigorous fermenter, tolerates 18% v/v alcohol. Given its tolerance to high alcohol, this red wine yeast is recommended for the fermentation of high sugar must. Not only are its environmental parametes limits conducive to reliability under these conditions, it contributes to wine quality by enhancing varietal aroma expression, contributes to tannin structure and maintains a high colour intensity. More than a work-horse!
- Desirable Fermentation Temperature limits 15-28oC. Has been seen to ferment up to 30-35oC.
- Alcohol tolerance 18% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
- Medium-High Relative Nitrogen demand
- Short lag phase and high fermentation vigour.
- Moderate production of H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide)
- Moderate Relative potential for SO2 production.
- This yeast has elevated nutrient needs hence is not considered MLF friendly. It is not recommendedto use Lalvin Rhone 2226 in co-inoculation of Lactic acid bacteria. Sequential inoculation (post MLF) is recommended with the use of an MLF nutrient such as OptiMalo Plus
- 25g/hL of Active Dried Yeast
If you are interested in this Lalvin Rhone 2226 Red Wine Yeast, please see other items in our Wine Making, Home Brewing, Spirit Making & Distilling range:
Spirit and Distilling
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.