*Registered Postage Australia Wide
*International Postage UNAVAILABLE for this item
Still Spirits have developed the Top Shelf Whiskey Profile Kit (Premium) in response to so many home distillers who wanted to truly hand craft their own whiskey. The Profile Kit provides all the flavour notes that make up a whiskey and the home distiller can adjust the flavour profile to exactly their own taste. Flavours like peat, oak, sherry, grain and fruity esters are just some of the notes that you can experiment with. The Profile Kit contains all the measuring equipment you will require for accurate dosing. The Whiskey Profile Kit Recipe Book is included with a wide range of premium whiskey recipes to appeal to a wide range of connoisseurs and features approximate formulations of famous brands. Alternately advanced users may like to design their own whiskey to taste and the Recipe Book contains a full description of the attributes of the different flavour notes to assist you with your design.
The complete Whiskey Profile Kit comes with 4 different whiskey base essences as well as the following adjunct flavours:
- Oak Cask: A distinctive rounded oak cask flavour which is a main component in most whiskies.
- Sweet Vanillin: As the name suggests, this imparts a sweet vanilla flavour often found in whiskey that has been barrel aged. It also has a slight sherry flavour.
- Peat Smoke: A strong almost pungent peat smoke flavour that is a very prominent flavour note in Scottish Whiskies.
- Astringent Notes: A sharp bitter astringent flavour that helps to add some bite to the whiskey.
- Fruity Esters: Fruity esters are prominent on the nose more than anywhere else. They add a great deal to the whiskey bouquet.
- Cereal Notes: Often described as grainy, these flavour notes are a part of any grain spirit and are contained in the whiskey bases. This essence allows additional cereal notes to be added to taste.
- Carob Notes: A chocolate grain flavour that results from the use of some mildly roasted grains and can also be contributed by some varieties of yeast during the early stages of fermentation.
- Cedar Oak: This imparts a distinctive drier oak flavour than the oak cask essence and is often found in Irish style whiskey.
- Distillers Caramel: This is a stable caramel colour ideally suitable for distilled spirit as it is slightly negative in charge and imparts a warm golden hue to the whiskey.
- Glycerine: There are two bottles supplied in this pack as this is used in every recipe and contributes smoothness and mouth feel. It is naturally occurring in almost all whiskies.