Axis I1000 FS Double Sided Fireplace
Product Code: AX-I1000DS
* FREE Freight within 100kms
* Flat Rate $49 to Melbourne, Flat Rate $99 to Canberra, Wollongong & Sydney
* Registered Freight calculated on rates table for the rest of Australia
Based in the Rhône-Alpes region of France, Axis fireplaces specialise in the manufacturing of designer wood fireplaces.
Over the last 18 years Axis fireplaces’ have been dedicated to designing and manufacturing luxury steel fireboxes using state of the art technology to laser cut all units which are then tightly mechanically welded to the frame. As a result of this craftsmanship, no warping of the firebox will occur.
Axis Fireplaces are ranked number 1 in France for their high quality steel, energy efficient technology and contemporary fireplace designs.
The French artisan engineered Axis I1000FS Double Sided is highly sought after by those who prize the sleek elegance of a panoramic wood heater combined with an unbelievable heating performance and double sided viewing area. With the ability to introduce fresh air into the firebox with the optional outdoor air kit (recommended for 6 or more star rated homes) this will provide better efficiency and more effective combustion of the fire wood. The Axis I1000FS Double Sided wood heater makes an impressive statement in any space.
- Handmade in the Rhone Alpes region of France
- 1000mm firebox width and 833mm wide glass viewing area
- Secure swing door opening system x 2
- Clean minimalistic design
- DAFS (Double Air Flow System)
- Manually assembled interlocking heavy duty 30mm fire bricks
- Sandstone colour designer fire bricks
- Phenomenal fire-brick heat retention and heat radiation
- Equipped with Safety Damper
- Optional Outside Air-Kit
- Includes grate and ash pan
- Can be purchased as a Bespoke Model, With a Steel Bench or With a Timber Bench
- 5 year firebox AND 10 year firebrick warranty
What is DAFS (Double Air Flow Systems)?
Triple Burn System
- Powerful radiant heat – from the glass
- Outstanding heating accumulation – from heat retention in the firebricks
- Incomparable convection – natural flow of air through the fire box.
Selected Axis wood fireplaces are equipped with DAFS (Double Air Flow System) technology with the aim to inject oxygen at a determined level inside of the combustion chamber. The supply of new oxygen will burn the gases and smoke that has not yet been burnt and prevent them from being released into the flue system.
- Less CO2 emissions
- Longer fire term
- Cleaner glass and bricks
- Total combustion of the fire wood
High Heat Refractory Bricks
All Axis fireplaces are made up of manually assembled interlocking refractory bricks. This method avoids dilatation by encouraging uniform and extended heat accumulation. During a fire in an Axis wood fireplace, the bricks (which are baked at 1350°C during manufacturing) will be heated to a temperature of 600°C. When the fire has dissipated the heat retained inside the bricks will generally take about 10 hours to cool down. This allows Axis fireplaces to have a large, long lasting heating capacity well after the fire has ceased.
What are the Outside Air Intakes?
All AXIS I1000 fireplaces have the option to be equipped with an outside air kit which is directly connected to the outside of your home. The firebox can then operate without using air from inside the room, with both primary and secondary air combustion stages being drawn directly from the fresh air outside.
Better efficiency, recommended for 6 star rated homes or homes that are tightly sealed, no oxygen drawn from inside your home.
How It Works:
The primary air will be taken from the facade of the firebox , through an air slide positioned in the ashtray.
The secondary combustion air (for the operation of the double combustion) will be taken directly from outside through an external wall or under the floor if possible.
- Material: Solid steel firebox with fire bricks
- Heating Capacity (m2): 140-270m2*
- Average Emissions: 1.0g/kg
- Average Efficiency: 62%
- kW Output: 15.3KW
- Glass Door: 2X Secure swing door opening systems
- Facade: Clean frameless design (no trim)
- Minimum Flue Required: 4.5m
- Flue Dimensions: 200mm, 250mm, 300mm
- Minimum hearth dimensions Width: 1220mm Depth: 1605mm Thickness: 9mm
- Outside Air Kits: Recommended for well insulated homes – Custom air kit required for this model (no direct connection)*
- Warranty: 5 year firebox AND 10 year firebrick warranty
- Weight: 180kgs
- Overall Dimensions: 1000mm (W) x 506mm (D) x 588mm (H)
If you are interested in this If you are interested in this Axis I1000 FS Double Sided Fireplace, please see other Axis Fireplaces and Heating and Fireplace Products in our range:
Heating & Fireplaces
Make it, Bake it, Brew it, Press it, Cook it, Cut it, Enjoy it! Improve your ‘slice of life’ with My Slice of Life. Australia’s premier retailer of DIY food & beverage making supplies and specialist supplier of quality lifestyle products for the inside and outside of your home.
Home, Gift or Trade we’ve got you covered Australia wide and Internationally.
My Slice Of Life is an Australian owned family business that has operated from our home base in Wangaratta, Victoria since 2011. We employ skilled, experienced trade qualified professionals to ensure you’re armed with not only the best products but the best service and advice. Our core business values since inception have always revolved around honesty, service, price and product knowledge and as the years pass we will ensure these principles remain unchanged.
We’ve been selling online since 2011. You can buy direct from us and we’ll ship anywhere! Each order gets packaged extra carefully so you can be sure your purchase will arrive in perfect condition. We have some pretty good rates for shipping as well.